Are you planning on Graduating in June 2015? Then Grad Transitions 12 is a course you need in order to obtain your Dogwood Diploma in BC. We have reformatted Grad Transitions and it is now avaliable though our School District Peacenet site. All the assignments for Grad Transitions are available electronically.
To sign-up and get started
1. Please follow this link http://classroom.google.com and click on the blue student button. If you get redirected to a login site then proceed to step 2.
2. Login with your peacenet account
Username = student #@peacenet.sd59.bc.ca
Password = student number
3. Click on the "+" sign in the top right hand corner and create your first class.
4. Select the join class link and enter the code to enroll. The code is 6PQFBT.
5. The assignments for Grad Transitions and the first assignment the Student Learning Plan are avaliable in the classroom.
6. Assignments can be uploaded and submitted online or they can be submitted by paper to the office when we return to classes.
The September PAC meeting will take place on Monday, September 15th from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. The meeting will be held at the Northern Lights College cafeteria. Refreshments and snacks will be provided. We invite all parents to come out and meet the DCSS Admin team and hear about plans for the upcoming school year. Elections for the PAC executive will also take place at the meeting.
Central Campus students have been embarking on a unique learning opportunity the past month in redesigning and rebuilding the Central Perk area. The Central Perk area is located outside on the north side of the building and was initially built a few years ago by Mr. Readman and his grade 8 class.
In May, Mr. McKechnie, Mr. Roszmann and Mr. Henry started work with their classes on redesigning the Central Perk area. The students built scale models of the space and a design was chosen.
Through a partnership with N.E.A.T, School District 59 maintenance staff and Central Campus students and staff the work is coming together and product is going to be amazing.
Thank you to all staff, students and community members who have been involved in the project.